BCG Connect Joins PrintReleaf as Part of it’s Sustainability Practices
BCG Connect recognizes that businesses can have a negative impact on the environment. We are committed, and enjoy, finding ways in which we can reduce the impact of our work both in the office and when work takes us away from the office.
In 2021 we launched “Print One – Plant One” for our clients to participate in the PrintReleaf program. Using PrintReleaf’s patented technology, we will measure paper consumption and convert it into an equivalent number of trees to be automatically and certifiably planted around the world at reforestation sites.
Read the official Press Release.
At BCG Connect we pledge to being a sustainable company and harnessing our culture of creativity to foster a better world. We are committed to increasing environmental sustainability in our current operations. This involves integrating sustainable measures into our business model and future projects.
We are dedicated to being responsible stewards of our global ecosystem
Some of the many sustainability practices BCG Connect has adopted:
- Wherever possible, BCG Connect uses materials derived from renewable resources or with low environmental impact considering recycling and recovery efforts.
- When making investments in equipment, we always take into consideration their environmental impact.
- To provide a wide variety of paper choices for our clients BCG offers clients recycled products utilizing various PCW content as well as products that follow FSC (Forest Stewardship Council®) and/or SFI (Sustainable Forestry Initiative®) guidelines.
- BCG Connect recycles 100% of our production paper and cardboard waste.
- The most eco-friendly practices start with consuming only what is necessary. We track the usage of raw materials, making a concerted effort to reduce consumption.
- Toner/printer cartridges that can be remanufactured are disassembled, cleaned and inspected using sophisticated testing systems and equipment. Toner/Printer cartridges or components that our partner does not remanufacture, or that do not pass inspection, are sent to be recycled through the material recovery process.
- BCG Connect is committed to continual improvement. We have teams that meet periodically to discuss and access ways to improve and streamline our internal processes. With each improvement, we strive to use less resources, recycle more materials, or produce less waste,
- By offering digital printing, BCG Connect gives our customers the ability to print exactly what they need when they need it most. This not only reduces the amount of waste due to the obsolescence of printed materials, but it gives customers the ability to ensure they are using the most up-to-date materials. In addition, digital printing uses less paper, ink and energy.
- We continue to make improvements aimed at reducing waste in our general office and building. We work with several e-waste recycling programs to recycle older monitors and computers. We also donate laptops, monitors, printers that have remaining use to schools and charitable organizations. We seek out recycling channels for batteries, light bulbs and other materials that can be harmful in a landfill.