https://www.bcgconnect.com/wp-content/uploads/data-visual.png 556 742 BCG Staff Writer https://www.bcgconnect.com/wp-content/uploads/2023-BCG-Creative-Marketing-horz-01-300x108.png BCG Staff Writer2015-06-12 05:02:032020-09-17 16:48:54Data Visualization
Data is abuzz in the fundraising world right now. We oftentimes have the data at our fingertips, but how to use it properly is the trick. What’s the key to this trick? We were curious too, so our team watched The Chronicle of Philanthropy’s fundraising webinar on Data Visualization.
Here’s some quick tips we took away that help to make data most impactful:
- Know your audience: Who are they? What do you want to tell them?
- Tell a story: Make it funny and memorable with infographics, charts, and visual metaphors.
- Keep it simple: Simple images with limited text make the biggest impact. Don’t overload your audience with too much information!
- Make it interactive: Clickable or sharable infographics will draw your audience in.
- Balance esthetics with substance: Choose data carefully. Make sure it’s visual and useful.
- Don’t make the reader work hard: Use trend lines, colors, symbols, and visual aids strategically to aid scanning ability.
See how some of our clients are displaying their data in impact reports, appeals, and stewardship letters HERE.
Connect with us today!
Sign up to be notified when we publish new blogs and send out our newsletter full of helpful tips, tricks, and advice to supercharge your marketing.